I suppose this is where I should tell ya’ll a little about myself… just so you know what you’re getting yourself into before you delve into the interesting depths of what I like to call my blog. It may be a little random at times because there are tons of things on my brain at any given moment. I am also a self-proclaimed “crazy chicken lady” and have been called that by others on several occasions. I embrace the title. I live with my husband in central Ohio with dreams of owning our own farm and being able to live off the land. I’m a homesteader. A canning addict. An avid gardener. A lover of all things furry and feathered. I’m a very energetic and upbeat person who is passionate about my beliefs. The Lord is my savior and I strive to live for him first and foremost. One thing I ask is that He let me take all my pets to heaven with me!
I started this blog because I love to write and share my adventures with others. Also, I had so many people coming to me wanting advice on raising livestock and how I learned what I do. Seriously, it’s easy. Make friends with the old folks. They’ve taught me everything I know. I wouldn’t have the darnedest clue about chickens if it weren’t for some key people in my life. Their methods are tried and true, and I hate to say it, but sometimes better than a veterinarian! I love to share what I know and see others succeed because of what I taught them.
And now, eight random, insanely interesting, facts about me…
- I am a Registered Nurse in the ICU at a local hospital. I’m currently helping open a brand, spankin’ new hospital campus in the area. (How cool is that??)
- Growing up, my dad was against us having any type of animals. We eventually dabbled in raising just about every critter around. He still raises pigs and chickens for butcher and has a horse of his own. So much for no animals, eh?
- I’ve always been a tomboy. Dresses (the above picture is a fluke) and girly stuff has never been my forte. I can’t even paint my nails because it feels like I put cement on them and it makes my hands feel heavy and unnatural.
- I was bullied really bad in high school and now I make a stand any time I can against bullying to help raise awareness of what kids are doing to each other. I hate it. I made it through it because I had such a wonderful family, but seeing children thinking the only answer is suicide kills me inside.
- I’m the shortest person in my family, measuring in at 5′ 8″. We know how to grow ’em in our neck of the woods. My little brother is 6’9″.
- My husband and I met milking cows on a dairy farm. I didn’t like him at first… but, married him about 8 years later! One could say he grew on me a little.
- I have a bad habit to bringing animals home without asking. My husband has grown to love my little quirk and is actually excited to see what I bring home next.
- If I could have 1000 guineas and 1000 ducks, I honestly think I would be the happiest person in the world; albeit, deaf too.
Thanks for stopping by and reading. I really hope you learn a little something from me and find what you’re looking for. Feel free to ask questions and give me new ideas for posts. God bless!